Please allow 72 hours (or 3 full working days) for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.
Repeat prescriptions can be requested in several ways. Please ensure you state your name, date of birth and specific names of the medications you require.
Email us on the following email addresses:
- Bridgewater Surgeries : email@example.com
- Bridgewater North Approach : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bridgewater Meriden : email@example.com
To enable us to carry out your request correctly, and avoid unnecessary delay, please could we kindly ask that you provide us with the following information:
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- Your address
- The names and dosages of medications you require
- Ask reception to register you when you next visit. If you are already registered please login here.
- At any of the surgeries' during opening hours (or via letter box out-of-hours)
- When you request repeat prescriptions by hand, you should use the repeat prescription slip attached to your last prescription to make the request.
Please only tick the boxes for the items that you really need at the time.
Via your local Pharmacy:
- If you have already made an arrangement with them to collect and deliver your prescriptions.
Post via the below address*:
- Bridgewater Surgeries, Bridgewater House, 7 Printers Avenue, Hertfordshire, WD18 7QR.
- Bridgewater North Approach Surgery, 95 North Approach, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD25 0EL.
- Bridgewater Meriden Surgery, Harvest End, Garston, North Watford, Hertfordshire, WD25 9UB.
*Please enclose in a stamped addressed envelope if you wish us to post the repeat prescription back to you.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here.
It is important that anyone on long-term medication has a regular review. Your repeat prescription slip has a review date shown, which indicates when the doctor would like to see you next to check your progress.
Please make an appointment to see the doctor around this time. Some review consultations can be done on the phone if the doctor does not need to examine you, or may be done by one of the nurses if your condition is appropriate e.g. asthma.
If you do not arrange your review, we will remind you with your next prescription.
We may not be able to continue prescribing for you if you do not have your periodic review.
Many pharmacists will arrange to collect your prescriptions directly from the surgery. Please make it clear on your prescription request if you have arranged for a pharmacist to do this.
For your convenience we have included a pharmacy as part of Bridgewater House. The pharmacy, which is on the ground floor, can dispense all your prescriptions or arrange delivery of your medicines to your home. Please note that some of the Bridgewater Surgeries' partners are minority shareholders in the Pharmacy Company.
It is the policy of Bridgewater Surgeries to prescribe as cost effectively as possible, whilst ensuring that any changes of medication prescribed for an individual patient will meet their clinical situation and need. This is in accordance with NHS and PCT policy. Any changes will be based on advice from PCT pharmacists and published evidence
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.15
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £105.90
- 3-month PPC: £29.65
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.