Flu Vaccination Programme
We have started our Flu Vaccination Programme.
Our flu clinics will run on weekdays and some Saturdays in September/October. The clinics will be held at Bridgewater Surgeries and Meriden branch. North Approach will run a reduced flu clinic on Thursdays.
Please be aware that you need to book an appointment to have your flu jab. We are not running any walk-in flu clinics this year.
All eligible patients have been or will be sent a text message/email or a letter invitation.
Who is eligible for a FREE flu vaccination:
- Anyone who is 65 years and over
- Children and adults with underlying health conditions
- Children and adults with weakened immune systems
This year because of Covid 19 the flu vaccine is also being offered to the addtional cohorts:
- Household contacts of those on the NHS Shielded Patient List
- Health and social care workers employed through Direct Payment and/or Personal Health Budget
An additional cohort of adults 50-64 years will be eligible from the end of November, depending on the supply of vaccine.
If you have any queries regarding flu eligibility or if you do not wish to have a flu jab you can email the surgery on email@example.com
For more information please visit https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/flu-influenza-vaccine/
What do you need to know before you attend the flu clinic:
- Do not attend the clinic if you are feeling unwell (please make sure you let us know so we can offer your appointment to someone else)
- Please arrive on time to help reduce social gathering
- Please wear loose clothing or short sleeves
- We may check your temperature on arrival with a Non-contact Infrared Thermometer
- We have planned carefully for a safe flow through the building. You will be asked to enter and exit through different doors (one way flow system)
- There is a limited parking on site, but you will find parking in the courthyard behind the Rising Sun Hotel (1hr free near Bridgewater House) and on adjacant streets (near Harvest End Meriden)
- If the weather is dry we might offer an outside walkthrough option to save entering the buidlding
- If you are unable to attend please cancel before 6pm on the previous working day
- We will be unable to deal with other medical problems when doing flu clinics